Sep 2, 2009

Oat Bran Obsession

Uh oh...I have a new obsession.

After reading about Oat Bran all over Jenny's blog, I picked some up at Whole Foods last weekend. I only scooped up a little bit for Brandon and me to try because I wasn't sure if I'd like it. Turns out I'm in love, and I went back and bought like 2 lbs of the stuff...for now. It took me about 4 tries to get it right, but I think I have it down. Like oatmeal, you can mix anything in it. But it has more fiber! Exciting! Some of the things I've added so far are banana, almond butter, jelly, flax seed, cinnamon, apple pie spice, and brown sugar. (Not all those at once obviously).

Here's the combo I like best:
-1/2 banana, sliced thin
-1 tbsp almond butter
-1 tbsp blueberry jelly
-1 tbsp flax seeds

Perfección en la boca!


Is there a way to not be so clumsy? It's getting old. While the oats picture was uploading, I went to fill up my camelbak. It still had a little water in it, and as I was unscrewing the top, I dropped it. It bounced and splashed water all over my legs. NICE. Let's not even discuss the awful burn on the back of my arm from ironing last week, or the two iron burns from the week before, or the burn on my knuckle from the rotisserie chicken warmer at Whole Foods. I guess that's why my friends still call me a hot mess.

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. ow ow i knew when I saw the title this post would make me a happy chick! glad you're feeling the oh-bee lahove <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. oat bran is amazing! I have a great recipe for oat bran chocolate chip cookies on my blog. Josh LOVES them

    ReplyDelete