Sep 7, 2009

Trail Mix Oats

I woke up this morning and thought, "leftover pizza!!" But since there were only two slices and I felt like being healthy after my beer binge, I gave the pizza to B and made oats for myself. He said, "Look at you being healthy." (pssh) I reminded him that Chick-Fil-A was giving away free sandwiches to those wearing their favorite sports logos today, and I'd be unhealthy later.


I used:
1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup skim milk
1/3 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
dash of cinnamon
trail mix

I made the trail mix for Brandon yesterday. I mixed up a ton of walnuts, almonds, cranberries, raisins, pumpkin seeds and dark chocolate bits. Close up:

Breakfast was yummy and B was nice enough to share some of the pizza with me.

The weather was really nice. When I was showering and getting ready, Brandon mowed the lawn. He pruned his rose bushes while I painted my nails. Haha. After they dried, I helped him water his garden. Then it was Chick-Fil-A time!! We put on Clemson t-shirts and headed over. It wasn't as busy as I thought. Outside there was a girl with a wheel spin for more free goods! My first spin, I won a cinnamon cluster. I looked back at B, like ewwww bad! He whispered, "Spin it again if you don't want that!" The girl wasn't looking, so I did! This time I won Chick-n minis! Brandon won the same thing. We got our free chicken sandwiches, a fruit cup, a carrot & raisin salad, and my beloved diet lemonade. How obsessed am I with their lemonade? Um, I drank the 20 ounces so quickly that as we were heading out the door, I decided to go back and get a refill. I'm gross! We brought the food back to his house and ate outside . Then it was study time for him, and I met Megan at Barnes & Noble where we poured over Paris and Italy travel books. Happy Labor Day!

1 comment:

  1. ohhh hmm... I wonder where you got that trail mix idea little missy! hahaha NEVER could it be as good as mine! heheheh ;)

    ReplyDelete