Dec 21, 2012

The Friday Five 12.21.12

1. What I’m Reading: I love cookbooks, but usually borrow them from the library instead of buying them. When I do buy them, they tend to be more scientific or educational, rather than a compilation of recipes with photos. I finally got around to purchasing The Science of Good Cooking, one of books by Cooks Illustrated. It is the best and you need it. This is a must have for any home chef who likes to know the hows and whys of cooking.

2. What I’m Eating: As far as faux meat products go, I usually stick to Morningstar chick’n patties or spicy black bean burgers. I had some really bad products by Gardein a couple years ago, but these beefless burgers are a new favorite. I would have been easily fooled if someone told me they were beef.

3. Recipes I’m Bookmarking: Savory Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with White Beans and Kale. Interesting combo, right?2012_12_19-sweetpotato1ED.jpg

4. What I’m Listening to: Her voice. His production. This collaboration: Sweet Nothing by Calvin Harris featuring Florence Welch.

5. GIFs I’m Loving:

WHEN SOMEONE NEEDS HELP WRAPPING PRESENTS

WHEN THE HOLIDAYS START TO STRESS ME OUT

WHEN SOMEONE ASKS IF I’M DONE WITH MY CHRISTMAS SHOPPING

Happy Friday! Have a wonderful weekend!