Mar 8, 2011

Lana Restaurant / Day #14

Photo Day #14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without.DSCN0428Grammy. This lady is so awesome. See more on her here.

Remember last week when I mentioned that I’d be going to Lana with Rob and his parents? One of my lovely readers, Chelsea, posted this comment:

“OMG! I'm a hostess at Lana (and work Thursday nights) and have always wondered if you would ever stumble in and how I would react given you are a mini-celeb and I read your blog daily. Have you made reservations yet?”

She pretty much made my day. I immediately contacted her telling her when we’d be in so I could meet her.

The afternoon of, I made cookies to bring to Chelsea and Rob’s parents. Gotta send appreciation to bloggy lovers and nice parents! I used Emily’s recipe for Mini Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Again, another perfect cookie recipe by such a fabulous baker. I adore her! :)DSC_2492.NEF

So back to Lana. The restaurant is located in a renovated building on the corner of Rutledge and Cannon. The Mediterranean style menu is full of decadent and unique elements that will appeal to everyone.

I wasn’t about to take out the giant camera until Rob’s mom encouraged me to take pictures. She had visited my blog when Rob did the sushi challenge and the Reindeer Run so she knew what was up. I loved it!

We started off with a cheese plate appetizer that featured 5 different cheeses served with sliced apple and walnuts. DSC_2477.NEFWe also ordered salads while deciding on our entrees. I chose the roasted vegetable salad with goat cheese and a lemon thyme vinaigrette. There were beets, cauliflower, and parsnips. I think I love beets more than your average person and it’s kind of fun to see your pee turn pink. TMI? Sorry.DSC_2478.NEFRob ordered an arugula salad with warm lentils in a bacon vinaigrette.DSC_2480.NEFNow you know I love chicken. Love love love. But whenever I eat out, I try to go out of my realm and order something crazy. So, I went with the server’s recommendation: seared duck breast and leg confit in a fig balsamic reduction with lentils and cabbage. Read again: fig balsamic reduction. This made the dish.imageDessert was a requirement. I was torn between two choices: blueberry sorbet and cinnamon gelato. Luckily, Rob wanted the cinnamon gelato, so I went with the sorbet. Both were excellent!DSC_2486.NEFDSC_2487.NEF

Just for giggles, Rob ordered a glass of Courvoisier with dessert.

Can we say potent? I nearly choked from smelling it. I took the tiniest sip ever (probably a teaspoon worth) and it burned. Badly. One glass of this could do some serious damage to your body, mind, and soul.

I drank coffee instead. :)

Huge hugs and thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Brenan for the lovely meal. Yall were so sweet and such great conversationalists. Hope to see you again soon!

Lana Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon