Jan 11, 2013

The Friday Five 1.11.13

1. What I’m Reading: How to Train a Wild Elephant. I am fascinated by this book. Each of the 53 short chapters teaches you to slow down and live more mindfully. One of my resolutions this year was to live more simply. I tend to get caught up in too many things and try to get so much done. I end up stretching myself way too thin and stressing out. I quickly read most of the book (typical), but now want to re-read each lesson with more focus and concentrate on each exercise for a week. Hopefully by this time next year I’ll have a much clearer, happier head!

2. What I’m Drinking: Speaking of de-stressing, I found another Yogi tea that I like: Kava Stress Relief. Is this post making me sound like a crazy woman?

I’ve been drinking a cup of this tea with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and honey.

3. Recipes I’m Bookmarking: Not-Too-Virtuous Salad with Caramelized Apple Vinaigrette. I need you all to listen to me: making your own salad dressing is worth the effort. It usually only takes a few ingredients and most recipes are so much healthier than bottled dressings. Some of the ingredient lists on those things are downright scary. Know what you’re eating, people!Not-Too-Virtuous Salad with Caramelized Apple Vinaigrette

4. What I’m Listening to: I hope you want to dance this weekend. Virtually join me and listen in on this song while you’re getting ready to go out.

5. GIFs I’m Loving:

WHEN MY FRIENDS TELL ME I’M BEING INAPPROPRIATE

WHEN I LEAVE THE HOUSE AND AMOST FORGET MY PHONEimage

WHEN I HAVE STORIES FOR MY BESTIES

Happy Friday! Have a wonderful weekend!