Jan 28, 2011

What Is Your State Known For? Round 2.

My blog has really morphed into much more than a food blog and I’m very happy with it. I’ve been very hesitant to write posts that were not food-related, but ironically, these posts have been incredibly successful. Examples of posts I second-guessed writing:

I am officially declaring Friday as the day for fun posts. Of course I will continue writing about healthy living, but it’s fun to shake things up a bit!

Last week I posted about what each of the United States is known for, food-wise. The majority of you agreed with your state’s quintessential food, while some of us disagreed and could immediately think of something better. I still think South Carolina should have been grits! I found a new map this week.

This is shameful, really. South Carolina is known for the most mobile homes. AWESOME! My home state (Massachusetts) is known to be the worst drivers. That’s pretty accurate. According to this map, I belong in Ohio.

Not surprisingly, this caused quite a heated debate on the original site, and a rebuttal was made.

Click on the image to enlarge or read the list here. Yay positivity! So South Carolina is known for having the most golf holes per capita. I can’t believe how random and unexciting that is. I had to laugh at Ohio being known for nerdiest state on the other map, and most library visits on this map. Makes sense!

Do you agree or disagree with these maps?

If anyone’s looking for me, I’m in North Dakota. ;)

3 comments:

  1. As a resident and homeowner in New Jersey I can sadly confirm that the taxes are out of control here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious. We do love our libraries in Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll join youi in ND. this map is hilariously wrong.

    ReplyDelete