Jan 4, 2012

What I’m Loving Wednesday

1. Classes at my gym. Along with my other plans for 2012, I plan on try more new classes at the gym. First class of the year: yoga. Shocking, I know, but I hadn’t given yoga a try since I left Eco. Although it was a nice change-up from my typical routine, I still didn’t love it. It just doesn’t thrill me and I feel like I’m just getting way too much personal time with the floor.IMAG1401

I do, however, like that I can take off my sneakers and just wear socks. Halfway through the class, I realized that I was the only one actually wearing socks. Whoops.

2. Moist Chocolate Beet Cake.

YumSugar recently posted this recipe by David Lebovitz. I haven’t made it yet, but believe this epitomizes “hungry meets healthy.” Holly and Trish, this could be great for our beet extravaganza dinner.

3. Ashley, Kaye, and I had brunch at Leaf on New Years Day. I laughed so hard when I saw what the bartender named our tab. We were a party of three, yes, but with how much I love Trio (the dance club), I couldn’t help but laugh.IMAG1343

There is nothing wrong with signing your receipts with your nickname. Nobody even looks. Nobody even cares.

4. This tweet from my friend Boding.image

Smart girl!! I promise it wasn’t me. Whoever this girl is, I want to slap her high-five.

5. Chick-fil-A has a new menu item! Say mmm to their Chicken Tortilla Soup.

In the bowl is: “shredded boneless breast of chicken, navy, northern and black beans in a white creamy base with a perfect blend of vegetables and spices.”

The nutritional stats aren’t too shabby. Packing over 14g of fiber, I’m wondering if this is actually a NYE detox soup. Ha. Have you tried it yet? It’s gooooooood. Get it now, as it’s only available for a limited time!

6. You!! On the past few posts, I have some received some really genuine comments that have made me so happy. I really appreciate those of you who have recently commented for the first time. Ooooooh you make me smile. Huge thanks to those of you who have already voted for my blog in the Best of Charleston awards.