Jul 29, 2009

Almond & Banana Pancakes!

Breakfast for dinner yeaaaaah!

I refuse to make pancakes out of the box. Most boxes contain trans fats, and homemade ones are so much better! Here's my recipe:

Recipe
1 cup old-fashioned oats (I used a packet of Quaker Oats High Fiber Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal MMMM)
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
1 1/2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon (cinnamon helps stabilize blood sugar)
3/4 cup Greek yogurt
3/4 cup fat-free milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup almonds, smashed
Cooking spray

Directions
Whisk first 6 ingredients together in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk yogurt, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture just until blended. Never overmix pancake batter! Yuck! Fold in bananas.
Heat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cupfuls in skillet. Cook pancakes on one side until bottom is golden-brown and the top side begins to bubble (about 2 minutes). Turn and cook another 2 minutes. ENJOY!

We also made bacon--Brandon found the healthiest bacon I've ever seen. Haha. By that I mean, lower calorie, lower fat, and lower sodium than regular bacon. It was Maverick Ranch's Nautral Applewood Smoked Bacon! So good!


First one in the pan--always a fail for me:

I ended up slicing the bananas and placing them in the batter:

Brandon's monster pancake:

Bacon!!

Plated:

1 comment:

  1. mmm the pancakes sound awesome! I agree...I never buy boxed pancake mix.

    ReplyDelete