Aug 15, 2012

What I’m Loving Wednesday 8.15.12

1. For the longest time, I thought that the monogram stickers on girls’ cars were awful. But not as awful as the “Salt Life” stickers. What the hell do those even mean?! However, when I saw a fancy X, my credit card flew out of my purse. All on its own, I swear!

I suppose one letter isn’t as awful as all three. Nancy, I know you are shaking your head.

2. The day before I left Flat Rock, something made me look up The Christmas Tree Shops, a store that I frequented while living in Massachusetts. To those who aren’t aware, this place is not a Christmas store. It is a mecca of bargain-priced “necessities.” My mom used to drag me to The Christmas Tree Shops when I was little, specifically when we were at the Cape. (The windmill location!! <---Danielle, you know this!) Much to my surprise, a store had opened in Greenville, SC. I almost had a heart attack and definitely made a point to stop there on my way home. Pure nostalgia.

3. When my grandmother took my brother clothes shopping, they brought me home a Hello Kitty pen. I don’t care how old I am, I will never be too old for anything Sanrio. IMG_20120811_163018

4. This picture. I believe this was circa 1991.IMG_20120806_111030

5. I’ve been on a cracker kick lately. The Trader Joe’s Roasted Gorgonzola flavored crackers did not disappoint. I foresee myself buying this regularly. Don't be afraid if you don’t like gorgonzola; they have just the slightest hint of cheese.

6. After posting about Casual: The Series on Monday, I got a tweet from Lauren, the actress who plays Girl. Brush with fame, what! If Brian tweeted me, I would probably pass out.image

Have you watched it yet? Get on it!

7. Thanks to Klout, I received a great perk: free business cards from Moo! (Add me as an influencer!) Though the options were very limited, I managed to make some adorable two-sided cards. Here’s the proof:

FRONTimage

BACKimage

And just like that I got a craving for cookies.

 

xo!