Oct 29, 2012

New Seasonal Food Finds

One of the main reasons I love having a food blog is because I get to share new food precuts with my readers. Whenever I find something fun, be it a food, restaurant, recipe, or trend, I share it through every social media platform possible: facebook, twitter, instagram, youtube…you get it. Here are some new gems I’ve discovered.

1. I first spotted these Toasted Coconut almonds at Target. Into the basket they went and (after paying) into my mouth they went. photo 4

Honestly, I was underwhelmed. They smell really good, but the flavor just isn’t quite there. Boo. I went online to look up other flavors and found these promotions.imageimage

Have you tried any of these three flavors? I suppose you could very easily create these at home.

2. It seems that there are about 70 different flavored creamers out there, and most that I’ve tried have been somewhat nauseating. The S’mores flavor, however, is right up my alley and perfect for the coming chilly months.imageI also need to try the Salted Caramel flavor. I will wait until they go on sale at Publix because I don’t love the idea of spending silly money on things that just fatten me…. ok that’s sort of a lie.image

This list started out strong (healthfully speaking) but it’s about to go down the clean eating drain. Please accept my apologies for this and for almost lying to you in #3.

3. Jell-O. Gingerbread and Candy Cane. Should I buy these? I feel like it’s the equivalent of eating fair food. Could be the worst moment of my life or the best moment of my life. But nothing in between. 

4. Yoplait Pumpkin Pie and Apple Crisp flavored yogurt. I was a huge fan of Trader Joe’s pumpkin yogurt, but for some reason I’m nervous to try these.

image

5. I gagged a little when I saw this but had to include it anyway. Pumpkin Spice cream cheese.

6. Pumpkin is taking over! Who’s sick of it? I’m not. Yet. Give me a couple more weeks. These sound crazy sweet. image

7. Now this I could get on board with, especially with a healthy serving of peanut butter. Weirdo combo? image

8. First there were the Birthday Cake Oreos. Then there were the Candy Corn Oreos. Now there are Gingerbread and Peppermint Oreos. image

Limited Edition Candy Cane Oreo

Interesting fact: In 2010, Nabisco came out with Peppermint. I wonder if they’re the exact same thing.

9. Like I said on Friday, I am ecstatic for these to appear at, let’s face it, Target. All the good seasonal junk is exclusively at Target.photo 1 (1)

10. Last but not least, I’m praying to the chocolate gods that these come back. Pray with me!

What seasonal items are you loving?  Anything you’re sick of?

Do your teeth hurt after reading this post? I’m off to brush mine.