Dec 11, 2012

New Year’s Eve Outfit, Makeup, and Hair

I have a confession. I am not a huge fan of shopping, hate putting outfits together, and swear I don’t know how to match. For an event, I usually find a dress I love then beg Kaye and Amanda for outfit inspiration. That said, I’m pretty excited to have my New Year’s Eve outfit already planned, 20 days ahead of time. Who am I? The older I get, I swear, the more and more of a (gasp!) girly girl I become.

I forgot to tell you what happened with all those NYE dresses I ordered. Three of the four were from ASOS.com, a European site. When I ordered them, my credit card had a seizure and my bank immediately called me about fraudulent charges. Even though I approved the charge with them, it didn’t go through. By the time I could reorder, two of the dresses were gone in my size. Praise Jesus, I had already ordered the one shown below. It arrived yesterday and fits perfectly. I’ve had some good karma lately.

New Year's Eve 2013
 

Back to the outfit. Do you think that is too much gold? It is NYE after all, and I do love to sparkle. I will keep my earrings and ring very simple and definitely wear a very delicate necklace.

Makeup is easy. I’ll just throw all this on my face:

MAC & MUA Makeup
 

The next issue is my hair. Do I ever do anything different with my hair? Nope. The beauty of having an angled bob is that it doesn’t need much styling, but it is at a length where I can change it up. Here are some ideas I’m pondering:Pinned ImagePinned ImagePinned ImagePinned Image

That was exhausting. How do you ladies plan weddings?

And because I know you’re dying to ask, yes, my date is planned too. He’s a cutie, can you guess who? ;)

Are you ready for NYE? What are you wearing/doing?