Dec 28, 2012

The Friday Five 12.28.12

Hello!! Long time no chat. Er, blog? I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and nice time off of work. I’ve been off for a while and I feel like all I’ve done is cook, run, spend time with family, and bake. It’s been wonderful.

1. What I’m Reading: The Plant-Powered Diet. This past year I’ve been eating more vegetables than ever and want to continue nourishing myself with them as much as possible. It just makes sense. Or does it just it acceptable to eat cookies for lunch like I did on Monday? Anyway, this book discusses the benefits of vegetables, fruits, and grains and some great recipes.

2. What I’m Eating: Now watch me contradict myself. I mean…balance out all the veggies…with THESE. Thanks to Erica’s recommendation, I picked up a bag of Hershey’s Mint Truffle Kisses. If you’re a fan of mint + chocolate, grab a bag. Because they’re individually wrapped, I find I eat fewer than when I rip open a bag of M&Ms. Agree?

3. Recipes I’m Bookmarking: Auntie Kelly gave me a juicer (yippee!) so I’ve been saving some juice recipes. This recipe for Beet-le juice sounds delicious.

4. What I’m Listening to: Scream & Shout by will.i.am and Britney Spears. Britney’s back, woohoo!

5. GIFs I’m Loving:

WHEN I FIND A GUY I LIKE THAT IS AS WEIRD AS I AM

MY BEST FRIEND AND ME

MY BEST FRIEND AND ME WHEN WE SHARE SECRETS AFTER TOO MANY COCKTAILS

Happy Friday! Have a wonderful weekend!