Feb 19, 2011

Photo Day 2: My Best Friend Nancy

Today is Day 2 of The 30 Day Photo Challenge: A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest.

Meet Nancy, my best friend of almost 14 years. We met in 8th grade right before I moved into the neighborhood where she lived. She was really excited that a girl was moving into the neighborhood because there were only a bunch of boys before. I didn’t understand why that sounded like a problem to her. I also just realized that I chased every single boy in that neighborhood – even her brother.

We spent high school doing really weird things. We listened to too much 80s/Disney music, ate gas station food, and stalked a ton of boys. But we had so much fun. The one time we decided to skip school to go shopping, we were caught based on how close of friends we were. My Spanish teacher mentioned to Nancy’s Spanish teacher that I was out that day. Nancy’s teacher mentioned that she was also absent. They put 2 and 2 together and figured us out. I was the Spanish Honors Society president, and Nancy was the Secretary…and we got written up by our Spanish teachers. Smooth.

Over the years, Nancy and I have remained very close despite how different our lives are now.  She works full-time, attends classes, is married, and has 3 beautiful babies. I don’t know how she does it all, but she does, and damn well.

I was also the maid-of-honor in her wedding and there is no doubt in my mind that she will be mine. Oh snap, I talked about my wedding. Ok, so that fact and the Blackberry cake is all I have planned people, chill.

Back to Nancy - I am so proud of the woman she has become and am so lucky to have her in my life! I LOVE YOU NAT!