Sep 23, 2011

Friday Five

Stealing this idea from Laura’s blog!

 

1. What I’m Reading:

As mentioned in this post, I’m on this weird mission to read all of the Time Magazine’s 100 Best Novels. Dear God, why am I such a nutcase? I just started this one:

Next week, I will start this for book club:

“Mary McCarthy's The Group rose to the top of the New York Times bestseller list for fiction in 1963 then remained there for almost two years. A sharply written page-turner about eight Vassar graduates and their lives in NYC and beyond, the novel tackled such then-taboos as extramarital affairs, premarital sex, homosexuality, contraception, abortion, and psychoanalysis in a style noted for its bluntness as well as its wit. The New York Times hailed McCarthy's works for its "miraculous precision" and "believable clarity" in portraying Manhattan Bohemia, while Time Magazine noted that "for the first time, highbrow readers who have long acknowledged an athletic and logical brain will meet those who prefer the fictional products of female temperament."

Wow, yeah. Thanks Jess!! I’m excited about that one.

2. What I’m Listening To:

Cannot get enough.

3. What I’m Watching:

Eh, nothing new. Just my girls.

4. What I’m Eating:

How about what I will be eating, as soon as I find one:

5. What I’m Pinning:

I only use Pinterest sporadically, but here are some:

Good Lord, his shorts are hot.

Love her hair, but I can’t pull off that blonde:

GIVE ME THIS DOG!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxxxxxxxxxx

Whoa, I drank way too much coffee.