Aug 17, 2012

The Friday Five 8.17.12

1. What I’m Reading: This month our book club chose to read Dare Me by Megan Abbott. I read it in 2 days because it was such an easy read. It was just okay. I need something a bit more thrilling. Have any of you read this?

2. What I’m Eating: As a huge fan of anything cinnamon-flavored (save Goldslager, vom), I was intrigued by Serious Eats’ article Could Cinnamon Chex Be Better than Cinnamon Toast Crunch? Chex was on sale at Publix yesterday, so I picked up a box and had some for dinner. It was as good as the article claimed -- a “masterpiece” if you will. Because there are plain rice Chex pieces mixed in with the cinnamon ones, it’s not overwhelmingly sweet. It’s just perfect. Don’t even get me started on the leftover milk.

3. What I’m Listening to:  This song is catchy. Enjoy!

4. Recipes I’m Bookmarking: Campfire Cookies. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw these.

5. GIFs I’m Loving: Golden Girls!!

SHARING GOSSIP WITH MY BEST FRIENDS

WHEN I GET MY WAY

Last but not least, the winner of the Fringe Boutique Giveaway is…image

image

Congrats to a long-time reader! Jessica, please email me your shipping information and shirt size. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful, blessed weekend!  Red heart