Nov 5, 2012

Charleston Half Marathon–I’m In!

Over the weekend I made a serious life decision: I am going to run the Charleston 1/2 marathon in January. I’m doing it, I’m doing it, I’m doing it. Charleston Marathon

And I’m going to do it right. With the proper nutrition and training plans, I’m sure to succeed. As you may remember, I really wanted to run the Clemson 1/2 this Spring, but hurt myself on a random long run. Without having run more than 3ish miles, I randomly ran 10 and hurt my IT band. I’m now running more often than I was back then, and can easily run 6-10 miles on any given day. That said, I’m still going to stick to a training plan so I don’t hurt myself.

Charleston Marathon Weekend, January 18-20, 2013:

  • You choice of a 5K, 1/2 Marathon,  Marathon, or bike ride
  • Health and fitness expo on Friday
  • Pre-race dinner and entertainment on Friday night
  • Local music and performance groups along the course
  • Medals for all finishers (!)
  • Post-race celebration
  • Views of beautiful downtown CharlestonCharleston Visitors Bureau Photo

The race is in 72 days. I’m excited. Really excited! My girl Sierra is contemplating on coming to Charleston and running with me. Tell her she should!

This evening I picked up some books from the library so I can be fully prepared.photo (2)

I have a million questions and I know you guys have answers...

Those of you have run 1/2 or full marathons before, give me your best advice! Tell me what to eat/not eat, what running gear I might need, other books I should read, or any other tips for the next 72 days. I’m all ears. Thank you!