Nov 2, 2012

The Friday Five 11.2.12

1. What I’m Reading: Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. So this is rather depressing, but I was hooked within the first few pages. Hannah, a girl who committed suicide, left thirteen cassette tapes she recorded explaining why she ended her life.  With each tape, you learn how much she was affected by those around her, and what led her to such a drastic decision.

2. What I’m Drinking: My coworker Dane often stops at Starbucks before work. That gem of a gentleman always asks if he can treat us, but I’ve usually had coffee by then. Inspired by an instagram my friend Jess posted, I asked for one of the Cool Lime Refreshers. photo

Refreshing it was! And energizing – does green tea usually do that? I loved it. I also got a kick out of the CLR; those are actually my legal initials. Don’t you wish you knew that story…

3. Recipes I’m Bookmarking: Fig and Walnut Crackers. I wonder if they’re as good as the Trader Joe’s Rosemary and Raisin Crisps.2012-11-1-crackers.jpg

4. What I’m Listening to: Black Eye by Love Inks. Love, love, love this song.

5. GIFs I’m Loving:

WHEN SOMEONE ASKS ME HOW I ALWAYS GET FREE DRINKS

WHEN SOMEONE TELLS ME I SHOULD TRY SPEED DATING

WHEN I’M TEXTING A GUY AND HE TAKES FOREVER TO RESPOND

. . . 

Anyone going to Daniel Island Park Day on Saturday? If so, stop by the wine tent and look for me with my Wine Awesomeness boys! We’ll give you some good juice.waboys

Champagne for a Cause Logo

Happy Friday! Have a wonderful weekend!