Jun 16, 2011

Fiber Is Your Friend! And You Can Have It In A Brownie!

Don’t knock fiber y’all. It should be your friend. Fiber-rich foods keep you full and help you stay regular. Yes, I went there. Wah. I try not to count calories and instead focus on the content of what I’m eating. Protein, sugar, and fiber are the three main things I watch my intake of.

I used to be majorly obsessed with the Fiber One bars because the flavors were great and contained 9 grams of fiber each. They were a great mid-afternoon snack. For breakfast, I will often add Fiber One original cereal to whichever cereal I’m currently loving for an extra fiber boost.

When MyBlogSpark contacted me asking if I’d be interested in reviewing the new Fiber One brownie, I was happy to oblige! Fiber in your chocolate? Done! The two flavors, Chocolate Fudge and Chocolate Peanut Butter, contain 5 grams of fiber for only 90 calories. Gotta love when dessert has health benefits. The bonus? They contain only 7 grams of sugar.

The Chocolate Fudge brownies are made with chocolate-flavored chips and topped with a dark chocolate-flavored drizzle, and the Chocolate Peanut Butter variety contains peanut butter chips topped with a peanut butter drizzle. Both brownies were surprisingly soft and light – the Chocolate Peanut Butter was my preference.

Along with the two boxes of Fiber One brownies, I received a prize pack from Fiber One and General Mills through MyBlogSpark. You can win the same!

To win, all you have to do is tell me when you’d enjoy your Fiber One brownie. Afternoon pick-me-up? Evening snack? Or even for breakfast? Maybe you’d top it off with some ice cream!

For an additional entry, you can tweet about this giveaway and include the hash tag #myblogspark.

If you win, you can come over and jump rope with me!

Giveaway ends Tuesday at 12:00 p.m. EST. Good luck!!