Jun 17, 2011

Surprise Frickles!

Last night, a bunch of us girls planned on doing frickle tasting at Mustard Seed. It didn’t work out as planned because my favorite chef Jonathan wasn’t working that night. Instead, we decided to go to Uno Mas for their yummy Mexican food and drink specials.

What’s special about this picture? None of us have pupils. unomas

I was too starving to even thinking about taking a picture, but I ordered the Ensalada Camarones – grilled shrimp, baby arugula, queso fresco, roasted corn, diced tomatoes, red onions with a pomegranate vinaigrette. I asked for it without red onions, but unfortunately when it was presented to me those disgusting things were alllllllll over it. No joke, I got goose bumps when I saw them. Dramatic? Luckily they were easy to pick off and the rest of my salad was great.Uno Mas on Urbanspoon

After dinner, we went to O’Brion’s Pub & Grille for “one more drink.” Yeah, ok. On a more serious note, I’ve been cheating on Coor’s Light. For what? Bud Light. That stupid label where you can write your name on it has sucked me in!! IMAG0008Thank you, Jess, for scratching my name on the bottle with your car key. A group of 6 girls and none of us had a pen? Weird.

After “one more drink” I randomly asked our waitress if they served fried pickles. When she replied that they did, we may have all let out a loud shrill of excitement. A few minutes later, it was tasting time! O’Brion’s pickles were pretty good. Mary determined that they used Lawry’s seasoning which would explain why they were so salty. The southwest ranch  that they served them with, however, had no flavor.frickles

As happy as we look in this photo, I think it was the beer. We all agreed that Midtown’s frickles are still winning!107

Obrions Pub on Urbanspoon

In other news, Words With Friends has taken over my life. I may or may not have skipped the gym on Wednesday because I was sucked in to um, 16 games. What the heck?! I also cannot type on this phone. Examples of my typos:

Christina = Christuna

Xtina = Xtuna

What the heck? = What the gecko?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

HAPPY FRIDAY!