Aug 29, 2011

Learning to Love Mondays

As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I now work from home on Mondays. Right when I woke up I headed to the kitchen for some breakfast and realized, “Oh crap. I don’t have coffee.” Now a normal person would either a)suck it up or b)head to Starbucks. I am not normal. I drove across the street to Chick-fil-A. They have coffee and I’ll take advantage of any reason to go there. Loser.

I think Starbucks is kind of silly, plus their coffee makes me want to jump out of my skin. Apparently I can’t handle that much caffeine. Once back home, I sipped on this while I ate my breakfast of plain Greek yogurt topped with fiber cereal, a sliced banana, and honey. This kept me full until lunch time which was…

Mozzo with Rick! I hadn’t been in a while, so I was excited when he asked if I wanted to meet there for lunch. I had one of my favorite sandwiches, The Roma: prosciutto, ham, provolone, tomato, and balsamic vinegar on a ciabatta roll. Hellooooooo Italy! mozzo_roma

While in line, Rick asked me, “You don’t eat chips right?” I responded, “I do if they’re pickle chips.” Right then I noticed these babies right below me:

Let me tell you, they are good. I was expecting much more of a vinegar taste, but dill was the most prevalent flavor. Grab some if you see them! What’s your favorite chip flavor? Anything weird?

A while back, Rick, some friends, and I entered a Homage t-shirt contest. We didn’t win, but we did score some t-shirts. Rick brought my prize to lunch: beans

Good thing I really like beans. And Boston, obviously.

Once I had finished work and was about to head to the gym, I remembered (for the 209862986th time) that I needed new sneakers. I refused to leave the house without ordering a new pair. I hopped on Zappo’s and found the newer version of my current sneaker. Asics Gel-1160:sneakers

They were on sale and I had an online coupon, so I snagged these for only $58! And they’re in my 2 favorite colors: lime green and purple. I’m now on my third pair of Asics, and I definitely prefer them over other brands. What’s your preferred sneaker brand?

****

I’d like to apologize if I seemed insensitive when I called Irene a “myth.” I understand that it affected millions of people, all of whom are in my prayers. I only meant to joke that my city made a huge deal out of it (cancelling school and government offices) when all we got was a little rain and wind. So, please accept my apologies!

****

Did you sign up for your free breakfast entrée at Chick-fil-A yet? Sign up now and then send me pictures next week!

http://chick-fil-aforbreakfast.com

XX!