Oct 24, 2011

Black Bean Company and More Downtown Running

I spent the night with Mariah on Saturday night after a somewhat tame evening downtown. I spent my third weekend at The Macintosh. Still obsessed with this new bar. Mariah was housesitting on John’s Island, so on Sunday we decided to take advantage of different restaurants.

Black Bean Company is a restaurant that so many people have recommended to me. Calling themselves an “Energy Food Restaurant,” they serve premium organic and all natural foods. They have a breakfast and lunch menu, which specializes in gyros, wraps, and salads.

I chose a wrap that a friend had recommended a while back.

Beach Burrito: roasted chicken breast, black beans & rice, mixed greens, fresh guacamole, and mango salsa.DSC_0684 (1024x683)

Mariah opted for a wrap as well.

Black and Blue wrap: chicken, blue cheese, mixed greens, avocado, fig balsamic vinaigrette, black beans, and jasmine rice. DSC_0685 (1024x683)

Both wraps came with a side; Mariah had the couscous with golden raisins and I had yogurt with granola. We both really enjoyed everything. The wraps were huge and tasted extremely fresh. I was so close to ordering one to go for dinner, but instead saved my other half for my next lunch. I will definitely be back.Black Bean Co. on Urbanspoon

After lunch it was time to lounge in leather recliners and watch TV. We caught the end of the Jersey Shore reunion, then watched How Do You Know. It was just okay. I didn’t mind staring at Paul Rudd for 2 hours though.

That afternoon, still feeling pretty healthy, I decided to go for a run downtown. I am certain that downtown is my favorite place for a run. Although I’m constantly having to dodge tourists, cars, and cyclists, I never get bored. I always seem to see someone I know too, so each time is an adventure. I just pray I never fall on the cobblestone or brick sidewalks. It was a nice 5 mile run and I enjoyed every minute of it.

image

Locals: Have you been to Black Bean Co. or Dell’z Deli? What’s your preference?

What are you guys dressing up as for Halloween?