Jun 11, 2012

Weekends Are For Living.

I seriously had one of the best weekends I’ve had in a long time.

I ate a lot of desserts. I didn’t work out. I spent so much time with friends.

I was a happy girl.

Friday: At work, I declared it “sit on an exercise ball and eat froyo” day. Why not?

Do you sit on an exercise ball at work? I almost flew off the thing several times whenever Skrillex came on Pandora. Things got a little too bouncy.

That evening, I went to Happy Hour at the Harbour Club with my dear friend Holly and then rounded out the evening with a beet salad from Il Cortile de Re.

Saturday: I woke up wanting avocado dip. So while eating my cereal, I made some. At 10 a.m. -- I was excited!

The weather was beautiful, so Rachel and I went to the pool for a couple of hours and then Chick-fil-A for lunch. I splurged (just kidding) on a kid’s meal with grilled nuggets and fruit. IMAG2635

Yes, that is a side of pickles, and yes, we brought the avocado dip with us to use on the nuggets. And YES, I had an IceDream. IMAG2636

After lunch, we went to Target where I bought a cute new bikini…among other things.image

Then Kaye came into town! I love when she visits because we act like our true selves around each other: loud, silly, and filter-free. We have so much fun, it’s ridiculous. DSC00311

So much fun that at 2:30 in the morning when our legs were too tired from dancing, we  just leaned on trees. Hey, it’s just being environmentally friendly, right?DSC00319

PS: I love her little dominatrix Barbie outfit. But by the end of the evening, I was calling her funeral Barbie. So much black for Charleston!

Boding took good care of us though – as both our photographer and DD. He even sent us to bed with a giant glass of water. DSC00314

On Sunday, the three of us went to brunch at Crave. I asked Chef Landen for “something healthy, like eggs and veggies .” I received a giant spinach omelet, lots of grilled veggies, potatoes, fruit, and a side salad. IMAG2646

IMAG2647

Needless to say, I have leftovers to hold me over for the next couple of meals.

What was the highlight of YOUR weekend?

Who is your friend that you can be 100% yourself around? How do you act?