1. What I’m Reading: After book club met last night to discuss Dare Me, we decided our next book will be Still Missing by Chevy Stevens.
From Amazon: On the day she was abducted, Annie O’Sullivan, a thirty-two-year-old Realtor, had three goals: sell a house, forget about a recent argument with her mother, and be on time for dinner with her ever-patient boyfriend. The open house is slow, but when her last visitor pulls up in a van as she’s about to leave, Annie thinks it just might be her lucky day after all. Interwoven with the story of the year Annie spent captive in a remote mountain cabin — which unfolds through sessions with her psychiatrist — is a second narrative recounting the nightmare that follows her escape: her struggle to piece her shattered life back together, the ongoing police investigation into the identity of her captor, and the disturbing sense that things are far from over. The truth doesn’t always set you free. Still Missing is a shocking, visceral, brutal, and beautifully crafted debut novel about surviving the unsurvivable — and living to bear witness.
To make: In a food processor, blend
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 can of great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
3. What I’m Listening to: It’s Time by Imagine Dragons.
4. Recipes I’m Bookmarking: On Sunday, I’m going to Sean’s house for Rosh Hashanah. (Remember the intern? I went to Seder at his house in the Spring.) To bring with me, I’m making a pumpkin challah and shaping it into a teddy bear! I’m so excited to make this and celebrate with his family. Details to come!
5. GIFs I’m Loving:
WHEN WE’RE OUT AND MY FRIEND SAYS SHE DOESN’T WANT TO DANCE
WHEN A GUY IN AT THE BAR TRIES TO TOUCH ME
WHEN A RANDOM GUY TRIES TO DANCE WITH ME
I hope you all have a wonderful, blessed weekend!