Sep 14, 2009

Step by Step Pumpkin Oat Bran!

Come here fall and give me a big hug!!

I dread the summer coming to an end, but this year, I think I'll go all grammy-like and embrace the seasons! Last night's soup was warm and cozy, so why not make breakfast the same?

We went on a 2 1/2 mile run together (sort of...) and then it was time to welcome pumpkin into our lives. Last night when we were at Publix getting stuff for the soup, I couldn't find pumpkin. I asked ones of the workers and she told me they don't usually get pumpkin until October. Okay, so I'm a little early! I was like eeeeek, bc it was 8:40 ish and Whole Foods closes at 9. Don't worry, Brandon's beast of a truck got us there in time.

Here is a step-by-step process of how I made the oat bran!

In a saucepan over high heat, add 1/3 cup of milk and 1/3 cup water. Add 1 tsp vanilla if desired. I always desire vanilla.


Once the liquid is boiling and acting crazier than Britney Spears, remove from heat and add 1/3 cup of oat bran.


And pumpkin:
Then add your toppings! For the pumpkin oat bran I used the following:
-cinnamon
-a dollop of vanilla greek yogurt
-a swirl of maple syrup
-a few walnuts and dried cranberries.

The work of art:
Verdict: Success in my mouth!


3 comments:

  1. pumpkin oat brannnnnnnnnn <3 faboosh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been driving me crazy that publix doesn't have pumpkin! I have totally been at WFs every other week getting it :) This oat bran looks fabulous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made pumpkin oat bran for breakfast too! And I had trouble finding the canned pumpkin too. I had to use pumpkin pie filling instead of plain pumpkin. Close enough, but I was surprised it was so hard to find.

    ReplyDelete