Sep 28, 2009

A smorgasbord!


Nuts? Check.
Fruit? Check, check.
Cheese? Check, check, check.

Since we became wine connoisseurs, I've thought about doing a fruit/nut/cheese plate. Haha, just kidding. I'm no wine snob, I just like to drink. Brandon on the other hand, well, he is snooty. We are members at Wine Styles and they have wine tastings a few times a week. Occasionally I will see other members ordering cheese and nut plates, and it has been making me jealous. We decided to go to Whole Foods to pick some fun stuff up.

After trying six different kinds of cheese with the cheese man (aka our new best friend at WF), we chose the following to take home:
1. Parrano -cow's milk cheese, firm, smooth, nutty, salty & sweet
2. Midnight Moon - goat's milk cheese, nutty, brown-buttery, hints of caramel
3. Fromage D'Affinois - cow's milk cheese, buttery, rich, silky. This tastes more like butter than cheese. Kind of odd.

For fruit we bought:
1. Bosc pear - crisp, spicy, nutty
2. Bartlett pear - smooth, sweet, juicy
3. Gala Apple - sweet, firm, juicy

I cut the cheese (HA HA HA ) and fruit, and plated them with a few almonds. Everything tasted so good! My favorite cheese is still the Parrano, but Brandon preferred the Midnight Moon. They are very similar.


In other news, I was finally found the Chobani pineapple yogurt!! The pomegranate flavor needs to hurry up and come to SC!


3 comments:

  1. Isn't the pineapple SOOOOO good- my favorite Chobani ever. What a fun platter

    ReplyDelete
  2. you would laugh at yourself for saying you cut the cheese...hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cut the cheese.. buahah. gets me everytime!

    ReplyDelete