Oct 10, 2011

Highlights From The Weekend

Thursday: Mariah and I went for a run downtown after work. I absolutely love a)running with her and b)running down King Street. Why? Because a)she and I run at the same pace and b) there are babes galore. Super motivation.

After our run, we stopped at Midtown to refuel with frickles and beer. Totally rational.photo

I got that shirt at the Nike outlet last weekend. I want to wear it every day!

Friday: Mariah and I went to Hall’s for dinner. We split the blackened salmon salad and sweet potato fries. Absolutely amazing. As we were eating, we both kept commenting on how delicious it was. This was the 3rd time I’ve had this salad. Obsessed. DSCN0002

After dinner, we went to O-ku for drinks. We met some men at the bar who were visiting from NYC. For some reason, one of them wanted to use my lotion and I just felt the need to snap a picture of him with it. Honestly, I just wanted a pic of his stache. Horrendous.IMAG0702

Saturday: This babe and I went to lunch at Boulevard Diner. I had never been there before, because I tend to shy away from southern cooking. It’s awful for you, but wonderful when you’ve had too much to drink the night before. I ordered the pulled pork with lima beans and corn bread. IMAG0705

The pork was excellent but the lima beans had no flavor and the corn bread was too dry. Boo.

The babe ordered the ribs with sweet potatoes. They were HUGE. When presented with this massive rack, he asked the waitress, “How do I even start eating this? Can I get a bathing suit?” Sauce everywhere.IMAG0707

Boulevard Diner on Urbanspoon

That evening, Amanda and I went back to Hall’s. This is not a joke and is indicative of how obsessive my personality is. Two nights in a row for the same salad. I would probably get it everyday if my budget allowed it.

After dinner, we went to The Macintosh, a new bar on King Street. We really liked it there! We ran into Ashley, too! Remember her? My favorite gym rat! Jenny came too! Love these ladies.image

I’ll catch you up on the rest of the weekend soon…

What was the highlight of YOUR weekend?