Oct 7, 2012

Food Survey!

God bless a good food survey! It’s my favorite kind of post.

Breakfast
Favorite cereal as a child? Lucky Charms. You know, I really miss this cereal. I miss it so much that the next time I’m craving dessert, I think I’ll have a bowl. Damn that sounds good.


Coffee or Tea? With milk or without?
I drink coffee, but I don’t need it to survive my mornings. I take it with milk and 1-2 packets of Splenda. I’ll drink tea occasionally if I find a good flavor or if I just need a warm beverage.

The one food you eat most often at breakfast.
Greek yogurt, for sure. I am definitely team Fage (for the thickness – TWSS?), but also a huge cheerleader for Chobani.
Lunch

Sandwiches are usually considered lunch food. If you had to choose from a grilled cheese sandwich or a peanut butter and jelly, which would you pick? That’s easy – a peanut butter and jelly. A grilled cheese is great, but not as satisfying as the sweet and salty awesomeness of a pb&j. I like mine on soft bread with creamy pb and raspberry or strawberry jelly.
You can only put four ingredients in your salad (not including greens); what do you throw in the mix? Additionally, which greens and dressing do you pick?

My perfect salad:

Base: Butter lettuce

Four ingredients: chickpeas, roasted red pepper, cucumbers, feta

Dressing: balsamic vinaigrette + a squeeze of lemon

One food you cannot live without at lunch.

Dessert? I’m serious. After lunch, I almost always throw back a few M&Ms or a piece of dark chocolate. It just rounds out the meal. Ha.

Dinner

It's the end of the day. You're tired, hungry, and your fridge is empty. If fast food (from a chain) is your only option, where do you go and what do you order?
Ha! Everyone who reads this blog can already answer that. Chick-fil-A. And because I know you’re all still wondering, I’m pro marriage equality.  <3 Love is love.

TV/Computer on or off while you are eating?

If I have the TV on, it’s probably just for background noise. I typically write my blog posts while I eat dinner unless I’m with someone.

The one food you eat most often at dinner.
Any vegetable from my CSA. Beets, roasted broccoli, zucchini, squash, peas, or Brussels sprouts are among my favorites.

Dessert

Choose between two American desserts: cheesecake or apple pie.
Oh, my favorite category! My answer is apple pie. I don’t really even care for cheesecake. It’s too soft. The sweetness of an apple pie with a crunchy, cinnamony pie crust is just divine. Don’t get me started on blueberry pie, which is my favorite. Ahh.

Choose between two foreign desserts: tiramisu (Italy) or flan (Spain). EW! I despise both. The texture of flan makes me want to gag and tiramisu is no better. I don’t even bother trying tiramisu anymore because I just never like it. Yuck yuck yuck.

Ice cream: cone or cup. Cone. I prefer a wafer cone to a sugar or waffle cone. There’s something about the last bite of a wafer cone that’s softened from the cold ice cream. Gosh!! I get so excited every time.