Jul 13, 2011

What I’m Loving Wednesday Version 4.0

1. I got another pickle birthday present. My manager brought in Japanese pickles!! The difference in these pickles is the addition of soy sauce – holy salt overload. IMAG0211

To say thank you, I whipped up a batch of my favorite chocolate chip cookies after work.IMAG0217

2. Yesterday at work we had the 2011 Enterprise Expo. Elizabeth and I visited the different booths to learn about the partners and solutions that help our company succeed. We may or may not have been lured in by Italian Ice!IMAG0208

There was a cotton candy stand too. Our friend had cookies. Someone else had candy. I can’t believe I still have teeth.

3. On Cow Appreciation Day, I got a picture message from high school friends, April and Josh.

“I know today is like a national holiday for you. Today april and I stopped in harisonburg va and saw a double drive thru at the chick fil a. Took a picture just for you.”chickfiladrivethru

DOUBLE DRIVE THRU? Talk about efficiency!

4. I’ve said this before, but I’m rarely, if ever, competitive with girls. I am, however, competitive with boys, specifically boyfriends. I realize this is not normal, but I cannot begin to explain the excitement over finally winning a Words With Friends game to my ex-boyfriend. This fella is a Charleston Law student whose vocabulary probably doubles mine. As a language major and someone who reads/writes for a living, it drove me bonkers every time he won. I finally did it!photo

I am not sorry for louding him out.

5. Speaking of cellular devices, I finally ordered a cover for my new phone. I dropped it four times last weekend. Does this not scream Clemson, Auburn, sheer obnoxiousness?

6. A few friends and I have started a book club. The first book we’re reading is House Rules, by Jodi Picoult.

After two pages, I was hooked. I am now halfway finished and am really enjoying it. For those of you who have not read the book, it is about a teenage boy with Asperger’s Syndrome who is accused of murder. Pick it up if you’re looking for a good mystery!

7. This Bits of Truth quote:

On that note, I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday. Smile at a stranger today – you never know how much of an impact this simple gesture can have on another person. Smile