Feb 16, 2011

What I’m Wondering Wednesday

1. WHAT is in this soup? DSC_2340Lucy and I are obsessed with this soup we found at Whole Foods. It went on sale and we stocked up like mad women. Take a gander at Lucy’s stockpile:DSC_2334I told her that we should try to make this at home before we go broke and are unable to pay our rent. Looking at the list, it seemed easy enough to make:  filtered water, organic carrots, organic onions, organic tapioca starch, organic almond butter, sea salt, organic expeller pressed canola oil and/or organic safflower oil and/or organic sunflower oil, natural flavors with yeast extract, organic spices, carrageenan.


Easy enough, right? But what about these “organic spices?” I need to know what they are! Have any of yall had this soup? Go get some and help me figure it out….!


2. HOW do you feel about unsolicited advice at the gym? This has been a major issue for Ashley and me this week. Coincidentally, tonight, both of us were approached by the same individual (a trainer) who felt the need to advise us. I was standing in the mirror next to Ashley probably listening to Ace of Base when this convo occurred:

Trainer man: Hey, can I show you something?
Me: What? Am I doing something wrong?
Trainer: You’re trying to work your tris right?
Me: Yeah…(thinking: tris for the guys, yeahhhhhhh.)
Trainer: Do it like this. [shows me a different way]
Me: So what I was doing before was a waste of my life?
Trainer: Ha, no, but this way you’ll work your lats too.
Me: Awesome, I love lats. Thanks.

Sooooo my first thought was: Awesome, I’m on the highway to bufftown when I was clearly on the back roads before. My second thought was: Wait a freaking second, you’re not Julius! Who are you acting like you’re King Eco!!
THIS IS KING ECO!!kingeco

I really think Julius, my old trainer, is the only one who should be giving me unsolicited advice. Or Ashley. Or my Grammy, bc she knows a thing or two about pumping iron. Just kidding. How do you guys feel about this? Would you care if someone approached you like that? I mean maybe it is his job to help people get buff or he’s trying to gain clientele. Either way, I want your opinions.

Don’t forget to send me your Chick-fil-A pics!

Later gators!