May 27, 2011

The ABC’s Of This Foodie

I couldn’t resist stealing this survey from Stefanie’s blog! There’s nothing like a fun survey to shake up the regular posting! Plus, it’s FRIDAY!

Here we go!

A: is for Apple, what’s your favorite variety?

I have two: Honeycrisps and Opals. Honeycrisps are so juicy and I wish they were always in season!honeycrisp

B: is for Bread, regardless of nutrition, calories, or whole grains what is your favorite type to have a nice big piece of?

This cinnamon braided bread is pretty much irresistible.

C: is for Cereal what is your favorite kind currently (just one!)

I’ve been hooked on Kashi GoLean original for months. I’ve been eating a serving with light vanilla soy milk and strawberries for so long. I started eating it with banana slices, then blueberries, now strawberries. Lord knows I have enough of them.

D: is for Doughnuts, you might not currently be eating them but what kind do you fancy?

Honestly, I don’t get too excited for donuts. They’re cute, but I can’t remember the last time I ate one. I’d much rather have a cookie or ice cream.

E: is for Eggs, how would you like yours prepared?

I like eggs every way! I prefer mine as an omelet with goat cheese, onions, and greens or even just a plain fried egg.

F: is for Fat Free, what is your favorite fat free product?

Fat free Greek yogurt tastes delicious – still thick and creamy. Go Fage!

G: is for Groceries, where do you purchase yours at?

Publix for some stuff, and Whole Foods for produce and special items I can’t find elsewhere. I can’t wait for Trader Joe’s to open in my town! Eeeeeeeeeep!

H: is for Hot Beverages, what is your favorite hot drink?

I like caramel lattes with a dash (or blob) of cinnamon.

I: is for Ice Cream, pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.

This is a tough question. My ideal flavor would be peanut butter oreo, but I never see that. I love mint chocolate chip and cookie dough too. I also really like a blueberry pie frozen yogurt that Publix makes. But my absolute #1 flavor gelato is PISTACHIO!

J: is for Jams or Jellies, do you eat them, and if so what kind and flavor?

Love them all! Blueberry, raspberry, then strawberry. Stefanie – I love jam on my eggs too! With goat cheese!

K: is for Kashi, name your favorite Kashi product?

As previously mentioned, I love Kashi GoLean original cereal.

L: is for Lunch, what was yours today?

Leftover Beet Risotto! So freaking good. Make this now!

M: is for microwave, what is your favorite microwave meal/snack?

Popcorn?

N: is for nutrients, do you likes carbs, fats, or proteins best?

I crave protein more than anything but I enjoy carbs most.

O: is for oil, what kind do you like to use?

I typically used extra virgin olive oil, but I love sesame oil for Asian pasta dishes.

P: is for protein, how do you get yours?

Chicken, Greek yogurt, almonds, almonds, walnuts, and ice cream. Just kidding about that last one.

Q: is for Quaker, how do you like your oats?

Ever since I got sick after eating oats last November, I haven’t been able to touch them. I’ve gone 7 months without eating them. Gag. My roommate eats them every single day—sometimes twice.

R: is for roasting, what is your favorite thing to roast?

BEETS!! I also love roasted asparagus and sweet potato fries.

S: is for sandwich, what’s your favorite kind?

I really like turkey sandwiches with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, spicy mustard, and lots of pickles. I also really love sandwiches like I had in Italy with fresh prosciutto, mozzarella, tomato and balsamic.

T: is for travel, how do you handle eating while traveling?

I eat everything I can!?!? When I travel, I enjoy myself. It all evens out in the end and vacations are meant for FUN! One dessert in particular that I will never forget is this Nutella & Ricotta Stuffed Calzone I had in Rome.

U: is for unique, what is one of your weirdest food combos?

The only weird combo I can think of is making egg sandwiches with goat cheese and blueberry jam. Other than that, I just like a lot of weird foods like beets and fried pickles.

V: is for vitamins, what kind do you take?

None. I believe that I get enough nutrients from what I eat. Smile

W: is for wasabi, yay or nay?

YAY. I like the pain in my nose.

X: is for XC Foodie, why is she so awesome?

Don’t know her but Xtina is more fun obviously.

Y: is for youth, what food reminds you of your childhood?

Annie’s Shells & White Cheddar.

Z: is for zucchini, how do you prepare it?

Grilled, sautéed, or roasted.

HAPPY FRIDAY! Yay for a 3-day weekend!

XO!