May 11, 2011

‘Twas a Happy Tuesday!

Tuesday was a good day! The whole day just went well and I was in a great mood. I started off my morning by correcting/prettifying a presentation. I was surrounded by grammar books and style guides and it just felt so right. NERD ALERT.nerd

I also destroyed an entire pack of gum. Again. As of about a week ago, I have been going through a pack of gum a day. This was my pack of gum with four pieces left at 2:17 p.m. You’d think I was stressed or something.gum

After work, I headed straight to the gym for an interval run that went a little something like this:

Warm Up @ 4.0 for 75 sec

Sprint @ 7.0 for 75 sec

Walk @ 4.0 for 75 sec on 4.0 incline

Sprint @ 7.0 for 75 sec

Walk @ 4.0 for 75 sec on 4.0 incline

Repeat for 30 minutes, end with a 2 minute cool-down @ 4.0, no incline.

I was Christina Lee Sweaty when I left!

After the gym (and a shower obvi), Lucy and I met Margaret at Cinebarre to see Something Borrowed. I read the book a couple years ago and loved it, and had high hopes for the movie. It definitely lived up to my expectations. Colin Egglesfield, who plays Dex, is probably the hottest thing I’ve seen since Zac Efron. Dear God, bring me one of him!!!!!!!

At the movies, Marg and I ordered some treats to share: a Diet Coke (my first in 30 days!) and FRICKLES!order

Megan and Caroline were right – they were delicious! They weren’t as crispy or sour as I expected,  and had much more batter on them the ones from Leaf. One of them was crispier than the rest, and that was my favorite. I can’t believe I’m describing fried pickles so much.

Please note Marg’s gum.frickles2

I also picked up my 4th CSA box today! It was full of greens!DSC_2827

In this week’s box were:

  • cabbage
  • leaf lettuce
  • radishes
  • romaine lettuce
  • rutabagas
  • spinach
  • spring and sweet onions
  • Swiss chard

I also had broccoli, but I swapped it for an extra head of cabbage. So far, I have been more excited about getting the strawberries and spring onions than anything else. Has anyone cooked a rutabaga before? According to the Pinckney’s Produce website, rutabagas are a cross between turnips and cabbage. Pretty neat! I’m still loving my CSA goodies and am always excited for a new box each Tuesday. Oh, and Pinckney’s, if you’re reading, I’m so sorry, but I currently have three of your green boxes. I promise to return them all next week! :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!