Jul 31, 2011

Life Is So Fun

Ah! The rest of the weekend was a blast. Saturday night, we celebrated Matthew’s 30th birthday with pork, keg stands and karaoke. Yes, I said keg stands. While the boys roasted a bunch of piggy, Amanda and I went to Wal-Mart to buy her favorite game, Apples to Apples. Wal-Mart is just a weird, creepy place. Check out this card I spotted. I’m so glad I noticed this gem.IMAG0368How bizarre is that. I really regret not buying several of them to give out on birthdays. I mean really, who tells their lover, “Being with you is so delicious.” WHAT?!

I also noticed this game. Anyone played this before? I should have bought that, too.IMAG0369

Lauren took a bunch of pictures of us doing karaoke so I will have to share those once she posts them on facebook. Amanda, Courtney, and I sang “Wannabe” by The Spice Girls. At one point I just stopped singing, because my voice is just audio violence.

We also ran into a bachelor party. I don’t know why or how I got this guy to pose with this animal, but he did. His outfit is a joke, don’t worry.IMAG0372

Today was a relaxing Sunday. Amanda and I saw Crazy, Stupid, Love.

It was really cute! Ryan Gosling is so darn hot I don’t even care that he’s blonde – I’d still have 1,000 of his babies.

For dinner, I made my first meal using Trader Joe’s products! Woooooooop!

Lemon Pepper Papardelle with Shrimp and Broccoli

Ingredients:

  • 1 8 oz. bag of Trader Joe’s lemon pepper papardelle
  • 1 lb. uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 4 cups frozen broccoli florets
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • salt & pepper, to taste

Preparation:

  1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
  2. In a large saucepan, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for one minute. Add the shrimp and broccoli, and cook until shrimp is opaque and broccoli is cooked through.
  3. Add the pasta and lemon juice to the pan and toss ingredients together. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Enjoy!

image

At first I worried that this might be bland because it doesn’t have much of a sauce. However, the pasta itself has so much flavor that the lemon juice is just enough! This would be really good with peas, too.image

Does anyone have any Trader Joe’s recipes they’d like to share? A few of you already have, but please let me know your favorite TJ’s products!

I hope everyone has a great week! So far I have plans to:

  • Monday: Review Uno Mas’s new menu items  – Sal Parco invited me, woo!
  • Tuesday: Our first book club meeting to discuss House Rules by Jodi Picoult
  • Thursday: Lunch with my favorite Yankee turned Southerner blogger, Sarah

Night!