Aug 25, 2011

My Favorite Trader Joe’s Products

As you may remember, Trader Joe’s opened up in Mt. Pleasant last month. Amanda and I went to the grand opening, and I have been many times since. Many, many times. An inappropriate amount of times according to Wachovia. Here are some of my favorite products I’ve had so far.

Trader Joe’s Greek Yogurt + the Sugar, Chocolate, & Coffee grinder:

Spiral Wines Cabernet Sauvignon. For only $4.99, this wine is a steal. It’s much better than the 2 Buck Chuck. Go ahead, splurge a couple more dollars, ha.

I know soda isn’t the best thing for me, but sometimes I have my cravings. I don’t feel too bad drinking these:

Carrot Ginger Soup. It’s got great flavor, and for being low-fat, it’s pretty creamy.soup

Roasted Chicken Patties. These are incredibly convenient and are great on top of a salad or with a plate of veggies. I am really impressed with how much flavor they have.patties

Speaking of salads, this Champagne Pear Vinaigrette is awesome. It’s low in calories and fat, but it’s sweetness and chunks of gorgonzola make it an excellent salad dressing.

champagne

Lemon Pepper Pappardelle. I made a shrimp & broccoli recipe with this here.

Omega Trek Mix packets. For only 170 calories, these bags full of walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, and dried cranberries are a great on-the-go snack.

omegas

Freeze-dried mango and banana slices. Holy heck, I could down an entire bag of each of these. mangobanana

And on the sweet note, these Dark Chocolate Mints are a delightful treat.chocmints

I have bought a lot of different products, and of them all, I’ve only been disappointed in two. First up, this Dark Chocolate Bar with Caramel & Black Sea Salt. These flavors are right up my alley, but unfortunately the 70% cacao was too bitter for me. seasalt

I was psyched to see these prepared beets, but they were much too vinegar-y.

How about you? Which TJ’s products have you loved? Any I should avoid?