Apr 21, 2011

Walking Pneumonia Won’t Stop This Girl.

Yes, I’ve had some sickly symptoms.

1. I’ve been drinking a lot of fluids and have felt really warm for the past couple of weeks. I just thought Blackbaud kept the temperature too high, but really I’ve been a beverage diva. (Thank you for that term, Jessica.)image

2. I’ve had an obnoxious cough for almost 3 weeks. It’s been so bad that my work sidekick, Kristin, posted this on my wall:

3. I’ve produced more snot than I knew was possible. I ran into Rob & three of his friends playing foosball in the cafeteria. When he asked me how I was, I responded, “Oh, just sick. I’m a snot factory.” All four boys suddenly stopped playing and just stared at me. Did I say too much?

Kristin convinced me to go to the doctor, so I paid a visit to my old boss who works with Nancy’s mom. They listened to my chest and then let me hear it. Oh my god. My lungs sounded like a hump-back whale in migration!!! (See here.) Peggy gave me this sweet mask to wear. image

And then they diagnosed me with walking pneumonia. As horror movie as that sounds, it’s really not that bad. I just have to pop a few azithromycin pills and I’ll be brand new! In the mean time, I’ve been avoiding the gym and eating as many fruits & vegetables as possible.

Later when I was making dinner, Justin told me he was stopping by. I surprised him with my mask. He told me I was ugly.DSC_2690 (1280x853)

My dinner was full of the onions, broccoli, and cauliflower from my CSA box, plus carrots, garlic, and shrimp. Lots of vitamins to make me well again!DSC_2693 (1280x853)

And then came an even better surprise: Santo with Menchie’s frozen yogurt!! He stopped by with a huge bowl of angel food cake froyo topped with peanut butter, blackberries, pineapple, Reese’s pb cups, cinnamon toast crunch, and Cap’n crunch. What a combo! He also made sure to bring extra spoons. :)image

Thank you friends!!