Apr 9, 2012

My Top 10 Must Haves for Healthy Living

This girl loves writing in list format. They’re fun for me to write, easy for you to read, and they look more organized. Sorry if this blog turns into a list  blog. With that said, here are the top 10 things I find necessary for me to live a healthy lifestyle.

1. A schedule/plan. I actually despise making plans, but when it comes to fitting workouts into my life, a schedule is necessary. I typically have a good idea of what my week looks like as far as when I’ll run, which classes I’ll go to, what part of the body I’m strength training, and when my rest days are. I don’t always stick to the schedule, but having an idea of what I want to do prevents me from slacking off.

2. Cute workout clothes. Yes, this motivates me. They don’t even have to be expensive. I haven’t jumped on the Lululemon bandwagon yet. I’m fine with the following.

Favorite top from Target:C9 by Champion® Womens Cardio Tank w/Piping - Assorted Colors.Opens in a new window

Favorite jacket from Gap:

These shorts are necessary in the SC heat.image

And these pants? I could wear them every single day.

3. Workouts I really love. Some people love yoga. I hate it. Some people like team sports. I’m too distracted and clumsy. What works for me? Running, kickboxing, and Pure Barre.

4. Stocking my pantry with fruits and vegetables. When grocery shopping, I make sure my basket is full of mostly produce. Always having fresh produce on hand makes me less apt to reach for the packaged crap.

5. My water bottle. It’s rare that I go anywhere without a giant bottle. I’m a huge fan of the Camelbak water bottle. Sometimes biting the nipple hurts my teeth and I’d really like to chug. I just bought this Nalgene bottle from Pure Barre and am loving it. IMAG2124

6. Phone apps. I use IMapMyRun,

I <3 Veggies,

and Pandora because there’s no way I’d exercise without tunes.

7. SLEEP! Although getting enough hours is difficult for me, sleep is necessary for my sanity. Plus, who wants to work out when they’re tired? Not me.

8. Reading materials. The Eat This, Not That series is my favorite to recommend. After years of owning them, I still occasionally use them as reference.

I also love magazines.

9. Blogs for healthy recipe ideas. My favorites are:

10. Rewards! This is my favorite must-have item. I would go absolutely insane if I didn’t treat myself for all the hard work. Whether it’s a giant glass of wine or a handful of chocolate, I’m indulging. Everything in moderation!

What are YOUR healthy living must haves?