Apr 12, 2012

Thoughts on Thursday

I told you I was going to abuse the list format!

1. I wouldn’t call myself unfriendly, but I realize that I don’t always reach out/introduce myself to people before they do. Maybe it’s an insecurity, maybe I’m just distracted. Regardless, I want to work on this. There is a girl who goes to the same Pure Barre classes as me, and she always says hi and asks how I’m doing. Today she even remembered that I was going to the farmer’s market after Tuesday’s class and asked me what I bought. Be friendly to everyone. Say hi to people. Put yourself out there. You can make friends wherever you go. The person sitting right beside you could be your new best friend…

2. I have very little self control around chocolate. I don’t just have a sweet tooth, I have sweet teeth. My eyeballs almost popped out of their sockets when I found out that Chick-fil-A is launching new dessert items:

  • chocolate chunk cookies (!!)
  • fudge brownies
  • sundaes

3. For the past couple of months, I’ve been considering getting a dog. The only reason I’m holding back is that I’m always busy and worry that I wouldn’t have enough time to devote to a puppy. Plus, just like with men, I’m picky. I want a small to medium-sized dog, who doesn’t shed, doesn’t bark loudly, is able to run with me, and will snuggle at all times. Too much to ask? What do you guys think?

4. Rachel sent me a very exciting text message on Sunday.2012-04-08_18-51-56

My lookalike + Ryan Gosling? I won’t mind watching that. I’m halfway through the book and it’s getting more intense. Unfortunately it’s giving me unrealistic expectations for my future boyfriend.

5. I fully support marriage equality for all. I’m straight, but I watched my parents’ marriage fail and am in no rush to get married. That doesn’t mean I don’t want others who are in love to be happy. Fiona Apple summed it up perfectly in her letter to a gay teen: "A person who loves is a righteous person, and if someone has the ability and desire to show love to another — to someone willing to receive it, then for goodness’ sake, let them do it. Hate has no place in the equation; there is no function for it to perform. Love is love, and there will never be too much."love_is_love_sticker-p217740351508061768z85xz_400

Good grief this post was serious.

To recap: Smile at everyone, try the new cookie at Chick-fil-A, tell me if I should get a dog, start reading Fifty Shades of Grey, and wave your rainbow flag.