Apr 8, 2012

Weekend Update!

This past weekend was quite eventful!

Thursday night was the Water Ball at the aquarium. The event was so fun! Everyone looked great in their party attire, the weather was gorgeous, and the venue couldn’t have been more perfect. The Twit pic photo booth caught some glamorous and humorous moments.

Sarah, Steve, yours truly:wb3

My new friend the firecracker, Logan, me:wb9

Crazy props:wb11

Jessica, Nancy, me, Logan:wb14

Kiiiiind of excited for next year.

Friday was Seder at intern Sean’s house. I was so grateful that his family invited me to share their holiday with them.photo (1)

The set table:photo (2)

It was fun trying traditional Passover foods: charoset, matzoh, fresh horseradish + romaine lettuce, gefilte fish, brisket, liver, and a lot of kosher wine. The charoset was my favorite. And yes, I ate the meat. I thought it was more important that I partake in the traditions than to continue avoiding meat for no real reason. I enjoyed everything, especially the company!

Saturday: After a morning Pure Barre class, Amanda and I checked out the new Sesame Burgers & Beer in Mt. Pleasant. The brisket at Seder turned me back onto meat for sure, but I still don’t want any chicken. Team red meat?

For all the sandwich/burger options, you can choose from chicken, a beef burger, a black bean burger, or a turkey burger. We split 2:  The Napa Valley (fig & bacon jam, blue cheese, and red wine reduction) on a beef burger and The Arizona (pepper jack cheese and grilled zucchini) on a black bean burger.IMAG2107

They were both SO good. The flavor combination on The Napa Valley was incredible and the black bean burger was huge and very fresh.

We also shared some crispy Sweet Potato fries: IMAG2108

Their prices are very reasonable too. We hadn’t even left and were already discussing when we could come back. Soon, I hope!Sesame Burgers & Beer on Urbanspoon

After lunch, we sat on the pier and made bracelets. IMAG2112

The idea was taken from the DIY blog Honestly WTF. The materials:IMAG2114

Finished products:IMAG2119IMAG2118

Sunday: I spent the Easter with family, cooking, eating, and playing games. Of course the cousins and I donned our bunny ears!IMG_0484

Hope you’re all having a wonderful Easter or Passover! xo!