Apr 5, 2012

Thoughts on Thursday

1. I have 7 books on hold on the library but won’t have time to pick them up until Saturday. It’s like having presents but not being able to open them. That may be the dorkiest thing I’ve ever said. The next book I’m looking forward to is:

2. Last night Amanda and I had takeout from Oriental Garden. This place looks like a total dump, but has surprisingly good sushi. For just 10 bucks total, I got two huge rolls. Both the Philly roll (salmon & avocado) and the Mount Pleasant roll (shrimp & avocado) were really fresh. IMAG2099

Don’t be afraid of this restaurant’s exterior. It’s a diamond in the rough.Oriental Garden on Urbanspoon

3. Charleston friends, you know my good friend Joe Girard, the afternoon DJ for 95sx? He is so funny. We were chatting via email yesterday, and when I asked him where he’d been, he responded “Been hiding. Hitting the gym and eating peanut butter.” HA. Story of my life!

Ladies…he’s single….and a cutie!

He might kill me for this, but it’s worth it.

4. On Tuesday, my cubemate Rachel had leftover pizza from lunch. She left a slice in the box and put it in the fridge at work. When she pulled the box out for lunch on Wednesday, the pizza was GONE. Someone took the slice, ate it, and left the empty box.. The worst part is she had taken a bite out of it!!! That’s disturbing you guys. She put a sign up, and I couldn’t resist leaving a comment too.IMAG2098

Who steals half eaten food?!

5. I don’t typically drink white wine, but I gave this bottle from TJ’s a chance because of the green label. It was good! The label claims “This pale straw colored wine has very intense orange blossom and honey aromatics while delivering a full, rich body with a core of pear and nectarine flavors followed by a smooth aftertaste that’s long and focused.” Excuse the fact that they don’t know what a run-on sentence is and give this wine a try!

6. I downloaded Nicki Minaj’s new album, Pink Friday…Roman Reloaded. I love her, but I need to listen to this a few more times before I know if I like it. Can anything top the first Pink Friday? Have any of you listened to this yet?

7. I’ve now gone to 4 Pure Barre classes in a row. OUCH. They should be getting easier, but nope. They’re getting harder because I’m getting sorer. Beach body, here I come! I won’t be back until Saturday though – Thursday is kickboxing (a must!) and Friday is a rest day.

8. Tonight I’m going to the Water Ball with my friend Logan. A night of fancy dresses and champagne at the aquarium? Yes, please! Even better, it supports a good cause: clean water!image

Tomorrow is Friday!