Dec 21, 2011

Celebrating the Holidays

December is pretty much over. Okay, okay, we still have Christmas and New Year’s Eve but um, where did the time go? I’ve been so busy that I wouldn’t even know what the date was unless I had an advent calendar. And then I got so busy that I forgot about the calendar and just started eating random days out of chronological order. Who does that? One day was really special because I got to eat four days that I had skipped. Nothing better than a morning chocolate overdose.

One of the first holiday celebrations was going to the Festival of Lights on James Island with TJ. (Gosh he hasn’t been on the blog in a while.) You drive through 3 miles of light displays. IMAG1187

Reindeer:DSC00089 (1280x960)

IMAG1186Our bridge!DSC00090 (1280x960)

A mermaid. I flipped over this one.DSC00096 (960x1280)

In the middle of the drive, you can get out for shopping, food, and SANTA. Yes, I went there. Straight to his lap! f

I was definitely the only adult (until they made TJ sit with me), but according to this sign, it was legal.IMAG1174

After I made Santa’s day (trust me, he told me he liked it), we roasted marshmallows. So festive.DSC00104 (1280x960)

Naturally I got marshmallow all over my face. DSC00106

This past weekend, I went to a friend’s Christmas party. Amanda and I had a little too much fun with the new Bethenny Frankel Skinnygirl cocktails. She brought the Sangria and I bought the Cranberry Cosmo. I didn’t love the Sangria, but the Cosmo was delicious. Amanda preferred the Sangria, so it was a win win. I’m sure our faces prove that.384070_777423689958_42702134_36268441_670193140_n

The mistletoe headband came on for the second party I went to. As much as I want to explain Boomer’s strange outfit to you, I just can’t. Let’s just say we went to a “future” themed  party and he doesn’t typically dress this way. I’m glad I can embarrass him in front of all my readers though. #notsorryDSC00115

As you can see, not everyone dressed like a mountain man. Say hi to Jason. DSC00117

How have you been celebrating the holidays?

Do you celebrate Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanzaa, or are you a Scrooge?

At what age did you stop sitting on Santa’s lap? I’m not stopping!!!