Dec 13, 2011

Skinny Taste Chicken Tikka Masala

It’s that time of year…when my Grammy is here! Yep, that old hag awesome lady visits her family in the South twice a year. She lives in Massachusetts with the other half of our family, but we’re lucky enough to get her for about 10 weeks a year. Tuesday evening I went to my aunt’s house for family dinner. Both my aunt and Grammy are currently on the Weight Watchers program – and doing really well! Auntie Kelly has lost over 20 pounds and looks great. Grammy just started, but I know she’ll do well too.

One of the websites that Kelly uses for Weight Watchers recipes is Skinny Taste. She’s made several of the recipes and has really enjoyed them. For dinner, we had Skinny Chicken Tikka Masala.DSC00072

Nobody loved the recipe, but it was edible. Over the Summer, Amanda and I made Jenna’s recipe for Channa Masala and it was a thousand times better. It’s actually one of the best recipes I’ve ever made. She also has a Chicken Tikka Masala recipe, but I haven’t made that…yet.

After we ate, I caught up with my two favorite women in my life over some red wine. I have to keep them updated on the boys (men?) in my life and they give the best advice. Kelly reminded me that I should “just stay single and maybe adopt a child one day.” Ha. I’m okay with the first part of that sentence but the good Lord knows I’m too scatterbrained for a little Xtina.

Feeling slightly unsatisfied from dinner, I started snacking. On pickles, obvi. My little cousin eats these tiny individually packaged pickles. Convenience factor: 10!image

Do you want to know what a possessed person looks like? Here, I can show you.IMAG1163

I get way too excited over these overly salted cukes.

Do you have a favorite Weight Watchers recipe you’d like to share?

Pickles: love or hate? I feel like so many men abhor pickles. Anyone know why?