Jun 27, 2011

Bestie Birthday Party Weekend!

Saturday evening, Margaret and I rented out the upstairs of Midtown to celebrate our birthdays! Margaret’s birthday was on Friday and mine is this Thursday, the 30th, but we wanted to celebrate together. The upstairs room was a perfect spot for our friends to get together – no bar crowds or silly restaurant reservations.

Thanks to Rick, our birthday was catered by Chick-fil-A! We had a nugget tray…DSC_0009 (1280x916)

a fruit tray…DSC_0010 (1280x915)

and a brownie tray. DSC_0011 (1280x916)

DSC_0006 (853x1280)

The best part? Diet lemonade. I can’t believe I didn’t drink an entire gallon myself.DSC_0007 (1280x853)

On top of that, the owners of Midtown made sure we had lots of frickles!!! People tore them up!DSC_0004 (1280x875)

Because we love being over the top, Marg and I wore special birthday tiaras. These suckers were a great investment. For $2 a pop, these got us a lot of free drinks downstairs. I might wear mine every weekend.DSC_0053

I also hung up poster boards for everybody to sign. We got some interesting messages.DSC_0026

I was so happy to have our friends together.imageDSC_0021imageimage

Lastly, it was time for cake. imageimage

We raced to get all the candles out because they were melting into the cake!image

It was like we got married – we cut it together… imageand fed each other. Totally normal for best friends. :)

imageimage

Our poor future husbands will have so much competition. Winking smile