Jun 9, 2011

Carrot & Zucchini Muffins

I am more than halfway through my CSA subscription with Pinckney’s Produce. It has been a lot of fun getting a new box of produce each week and I’ve loved experimenting with new vegetables. Before I left for Destin, I made a batch of zucchini muffins (twice!) that were absolutely delicious. Tonight, I took the recipe to another level by adding carrots.

DSC_3119

Carrot & Zucchini Muffins

Makes 12 muffins

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 lb. zucchini, shredded (I used my food processor.)
  • 1/2 lb. carrots, shredded
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup applesauce
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 6 tbsp. butter, melted

Preparation:

  1. Preheat oven to 375*. Grease muffin pan and set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until combined.
  3. In a large bowl, combine zucchini, carrots, and sugar. Mix well. Add applesauce, eggs, and butter and stir.
  4. Slowly incorporate flour mixture until just moistened. Scoop batter into the cupcake pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out dry. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing.

These muffins are soft, moist, and full of vegetables! I recommend adding walnuts if you like some crunch in your muffins. I , however, believe muffins and cookies are best without nuts so that each bite is soft!

DSC_3124

I wasn’t the only one baking tonight. Mariah sent me a picture message of something she was baking with. keylime

Can anyone guess what she’s making?

Thank you all for you input on which glasses I should get. I’m not 100% sure that I’ll be getting either of those, but I will definitely choose a tortoise-colored pair. Y’all are right – they blend in with my hair better, haha!

So this is really bizarre, but on Monday when I got to work, I noticed all these birthday decorations thrown on my desk. They weren’t hanging up or anything, just laying there. Today I decided to take full advantage of this crap and hang up a birthday banner. banner

Celebrating 22 days early? Sure! Btw, my birthday is June 30 and you can buy me whatever you’d like. THAAAAANKS. Please send all gifts to Blackbaud as I will not be publicly posting my address. Hehehe.

I am terrible. :)