Nov 20, 2011

2011 Pajama 5K Recap: New Race PR!

Of all of the races I have done in Charleston, the Pajama 5K is my favorite. It is one of the less crowded races, is held in a pretty area, and has an awesome theme: pajamas! Last year, Amanda, Nikki, T.J. and I wore some sweet jammies:

This year, I didn’t find any pajamas that I liked, but I did find a silly shirt that I couldn’t say no to. Paired with some spandex, I had myself a winning outfit!IMAG1006-1

We had a pretty good group this year: David, me, Mary Legare, Boding, Mike, and Noah. Let it be known that David’s PJs were purchased in the boys’ department of Wal-Mart.DSC_0862 (1280x853)

The weather was clear and in the high 50s – perfect weather for a morning 5k. Despite these conditions, I was still pretty happy to see the finish line, knowing bagels bananas, and beer awaited me.DSC_0863 (1280x914)

Of the registered races I’ve completed, this was my fastest 5K time:image

Yeaaaaah! After the race, we munched on food and mingled with the other racers. Naturally, I had to take a picture my Charleston Pickle Company sign! DSC_0868 (1280x914)

Then the awards were given out. Mary Legare came in 2nd overall for the females! So excited for her:DSC_0874 (1280x914)

I wasn’t expecting this at all, but I came in 2nd for my age group! We were both pretty psyched about our snazzy medals and mugs:DSC_0876 (1280x914)

We all had a lot of fun and hopefully will participate in the race next year!DSC_0878 (1280x853)

Which themed race have you enjoyed the most?

Craziest outfit you’ve ever worn for a race?