Nov 12, 2011

Butcher & Bee and Breaking Dawn

For lunch on Friday, my coworker and I decided to stop in at Butcher & Bee, a new sandwich shop on Upper King. When I say Upper King, I mean Upper King. If you didn’t know what you were looking for, you’d probably miss it.DSC_0851 (683x1024)

Their small, changing menu features inventive sandwiches and sides that feature local products. The inside of the restaurant only has one communal table, which was full when we arrived, so we opted to sit outside instead. It was surprisingly warm out for the middle of November.

To start, we shared the Shrimp with ginger, radish, soy, lettuce, and cucumber. It was very fresh and full of flavor. DSC_0846 (1024x683)

I had the Pull Squash Sandwich – loaded with butternut squash, cabbage, and carrots in a slightly spicy barbecue sauce. I loved the flavors and it had just the right amount of heat. The pickles weren’t good though. Something was off. DSC_0849 (1024x683)

My friend had the Wagyu Roast Beef and Cheddar on Brioche. I think he enjoyed it, but wasn’t super impressed. In general, I think the food was fine, but very overpriced. Both sandwiches, the shrimp app, and one drink cost over $25. Geez.  I do appreciate the fact that they make their bread in store and would not be opposed to coming back to try new items. I’ll just make sure I’m feeling rich.DSC_0850 (1024x683)

DSC_0847 (683x1024)Butcher & Bee on Urbanspoon

Friday evening, I had a nerdy night in with some chicken noodle soup and wine. That doesn’t sound too nerdy, but how I spent the majority of the evening was. I recently discovered Comcast On Demand (I know, I’m slow) and found a whole section on the Twilight saga. You can watch trailers, clips from the movies, and interviews. Inspired by all of this (and my large goblet of wine), I made a silly purchase. TICKETS FOR THE MIDNIGHT SHOWING OF BREAKING DAWN!image

I am so flipping excited. Amanda, along with a few other friends, is going too. The only thing I’m worried about is that it’s outside. Will we freeze? Will it be worth it? Yes and Yes.

Favorite unique sandwich combo?

Ever gone to a midnight (or outdoor) showing of a movie?

Keep the Betty Crocker giveaway entries coming!