Feb 10, 2012

The Friday Five

1. What I’m Reading: Per the recommendation of the beautiful Holly, I started reading The Violets of March.

Book Description:  In her twenties, Emily Wilson was on top of the world: she had a bestselling novel, a husband plucked from the pages of GQ, and a one-way ticket to happily ever after. Ten years later, the tide has turned on Emily's good fortune. So when her great-aunt Bee invites her to spend the month of March on Bainbridge Island in Washington State, Emily accepts, longing to be healed by the sea. Researching her next book, Emily discovers a red velvet diary, dated 1943, whose contents reveal startling connections to her own life.

I’m 1/3 through it and like it so far. In case you missed my post the other day, I absolutely loved The Lost Wife. Go read it!

2. What I’m Listening to: Coldplay featuring Rihanna – Princess of China

3. What I’m Watching: No new videos lately!

4. What I’m Eating: Um, not meat. As of Tuesday, I have a sudden aversion to all meat and poultry. I have no idea what happened, but the thought of it makes me want to gag. I am eating fish though. I have no idea how long this will last so I’m in no way calling myself a vegetarian. I am, however, exploring vegetarian options. I picked up these two products to try:

I really don’t know which vegetarian options are good, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know!

5. What I’m Bookmarking: Love this. Click to enlarge.