This week’s class session was set up in the same fashion as last week: 8 different activities done for 45 seconds with a 15 second switch before the next one. After each round of 8 activities is a 2-minute break, followed by another round of 8, another 2-minute break, then a third round. Make sense?
In other words, we did 3 rounds of 8 activities for 45 seconds each. With the breaks, it’s a total of 30 minutes. A tough 30 minutes. During the 2-minute breaks you can rest, run laps, or, if you’re like me with a dead knee, you can do cartwheels and swing in the hanging rings. Yes, that’s what I did on the “breaks.” I’m a former gymnast and sometimes I just want to play!
Holding the kettlebell in front of you, squat, rise, then do an Upright Row. Like this:
With one leg out at a 45* angle and the other flat and extended towards the rope, hold onto the rope with both hands, lean back, then lift yourself to standing position. The farther you extend your standing food, the more of a challenge this is.
6. Side-to-Side Medicine Ball Slams – Lift the medicine ball over your head and slam it down to the ground, rotating your body to the side as you throw. Pick up the ball and throw to the opposite side.
Whew, enough of that! I’m pretty sure I saw stars after that workout and I’m not talking about the ones in the sky.
Many of you often ask what I listen to when I work out. To be honest, it totally varies, but here’s some of what I have been listening to lately. Clink links for videos.
- The Longest Road (Deadmau5 Remix) - Morgan Page
- Cracks (Flux Pavilion Remix) – Freestylers
- Lights (Bassnectar Remix) – Ellie Goulding
- Blackout - Breathe Carolina
- Till The World Ends - Britney Spears
- Top Of The World - The Cataracs ft. DEV
- Gotta Get Thru This - Daniel Bedingfield
- We Found Love -Rihanna
- Sorry For Party Rocking - LMFAO
- Starlight – Muse
- You’ve Changed – Sia
- I Want You – Kings of Leon
- Backseat – New Boyz feat. The Cataracs & DEV
- Love Letter to Japan – The Bird And The Bee
That has got to be the most random assortment of music ever. Congratulations if you know half of those songs. Let me know if you do. Enjoy!