Feb 14, 2012

What I’m Loving Wednesday

1. It is very rare that I touch a cookie that isn’t homemade. To me, that’s a sin. Homemade cookies are too easy to make to justify ever eating cookies full of preservatives and, dare I say, trans fats? Thanks but no thanks. However, when Nabisco decides to celebrate their 100th birthday with Birthday Cake Oreos, well, that’s a sin I’d like to commit.

Thank you Mary for blogging about this!!

2. FitSugar’s article on The Worst Pickup Lines Used at the Gym.

Tell me: have you ever picked anyone up from the gym? I can’t flirt at the gym anymore. I realized at my last gym, then when you flirt with someone and then realize you don’t like them, you have to see them ALL THE TIME. Yikes.

3. Serious Eats’ recipe for Steamed Salmon with Chard, Pine Nuts, and Raisins.

4. I haven’t had any meat or poultry in a 1 full week! I love this. I can’t say that I feel any different, but I’ve enjoyed increasing my fruit & vegetable intake as well as experimenting with new foods. The Morning Star spicy black bean burgers are SO good. Not sure why they call them spicy though…

5. Another thing I refuse to consume is soda. La Croix sparkling water is a great alternative. Their water is free of sodium, sweetener, and calories. My two favorite flavors are Lemon and Grapefruit.

               

6. I am by no means a coffee connoisseur, but I must say I really enjoyed my sample of Starbuck’s Casi Cielo coffee. It’s so smooth! The Spanish major in me also loves its translation: “Almost Heaven.”

7. This Golden Girls Valentine’s Day cards:

8. Last week ABC News 4 and Charleston Wine Pairings elite matchmaking service offered a contest for a free consultation and wine pairing. A few of my friends suggested I sign up and I thought, oh what the heck? Um, I won. YIKES. This could be so fun or so scary…!! Buffie, you better match me up with someone nice!! : )

Don’t forget to enter my Sweet Potato Popchips giveaway!! You have until February 21st at noon!