Feb 27, 2012

Weekend Highlights

On Friday I was still in recovery mode from NYC. You think I’m joking but I’m not. The entire weekend up there I was saying “I have jet lag you guys” even though (news to me!), you can only have jet lag if you’ve changed time zones. Did you know that? I didn’t until I said it to Kaye and she looked at me like I had two heads. I flew like 600 miles! Sheer exhaustion!

Just kidding.

So anyway, after work on Friday I went to the gym to try to  muster up energy. While there, it started crazy storming and there were tornado warnings. Let me tell you, I used this as my lame excuse not to go out. God forbid I get sucked up in one of those things on a FRIDAY!! I instead got comfortable with my boyfriend, Netflix. He’s a babe you know. I watched two movies:

The Freebie: “a young couple decides to give each other a night off, no questions asked.”

Last Night: “a married couple, apart for a night while the husband takes a business trip with a colleague to whom he's attracted. While he's resisting temptation, his wife encounters her past love.”

Uhhh weirdo genres, right? Someone pop me a prozac.

Saturday: My friend (and downstairs neighbor!)Tyler invited me to a baseball game. Buff boys in tight pants? Sure! Before going to the game, he let me try some scotch. You guys, that stuff is nasty. These bodies were not:IMAG1822IMAG1823

After telling Tyler what movies I watched on Friday, he threw a DVD at me: The Godfather, parts I, II, and III. I have work to do. (No, I haven’t seen any.)

That evening, I met up with my two favorite winos, Holly and Trish. They had just come from Goat. Sheep. Cow. and brought home quite the spread of cheese, crackers, peppers, olives and pears. My contribution was pita chips & hummus (duh), two bags of popchips, and flowers for Holly’s bday.IMAG1824IMAG1825

While at Holly's, Trish pointed out her baby-sized television from um, the 1980s?  imageAfter we gorged ourselves with “dinner” it was time for dessert. We walked over to Fulton Five for Limoncello…

IMAG1826

…and dessert. Pistachio gelato for Trish, pear Bread pudding for me, and tiramisu for Trish. Freaking delicious.IMAG1827

We then jetted to King St, bouncing around from O-Ku, to Hall’s, to Cocktail Club. On the walk home, I started skipping. Wine + Christina = silly. I had wayyyy too much fun with these girls and can’t wait for the next “event” where we say we’re not going out but then end up bar hopping.

Sunday: I spent the entire day glued to the television, something I rarely do. I couldn’t stop watching Parks and Recreation! Aziz, you still have my heart.image

So do you guys. XO!