May 2, 2012

Chickpea Zucchini Patties with Minted Yogurt Sauce / CSA Week 3

Check out the goods from Week 3 with Gruber Farm CSA. So much color!

image

Included in the box:

  • Swiss chard
  • collard greens
  • sweet onions
  • strawberries
  • zucchini
  • squash
  • red potatoes

Onto the cooking. I know what you’re thinking. Another recipe with mint?

Yes. My one and only “child” is my new mint plant and I’m taking full advantage of it before I kill it. Minted everything. Somebody come over with some rum so we can make mojitos!

Chickpea Zucchini Patties with Minted Yogurt Sauce

Ingredients

  • 1 (15.5-oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 2 small zucchini, grated
  • 1 small onion, grated
  • 3 large egg whites
  • 1 tsp.  salt
  • 1 cup plain, fat-free Greek yogurt
  • 1 tbsp. lemon juice 
  • 3 tbsp. fresh mint leaves, finely chopped

Directions

  1. For the patties: In a food processor, pulse chickpeas until very finely chopped. Place in a medium-sized bowl. Stir in panko crumbs, zucchini, onion, egg whites, and salt. Form into eight separate patties.

  2. Warm a pan that has been coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sauté patties until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side.

  3. For the sauce: In a small bowl, stir Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and mint until well mixed.

  4. Serve patties warm. Top with yogurt sauce.

image

Calling all vegetarians! This recipe is for youuuuuuu. And when those crazies ask you if you’re getting protein, show them the stats on chickpeas and Greek yogurt. Bam.

I hope my CSA gives me more zucchini because I could eat this over and over. Joe came over for dinner and he called them my “love tarts.” That made me chuckle.

MAKE THESE!

What’s your favorite Spring vegetable? How do you cook with it?