May 11, 2012

The Friday Five

1. What I’ m Reading: Though I’m in the middle of Fifty Shades Freed, I really needed a break. I loved the second book of the trilogy, but now it’s just so repetitive of…well, you know what. I switched it up to something more serious.

Those Who Save Us book description:  For fifty years, Anna Schlemmer has refused to talk about her life in Germany during World War II. Her daughter, Trudy, was only three when she and her mother were liberated by an American soldier and went to live with him in Minnesota. Trudy's sole evidence of the past is an old photograph: a family portrait showing Anna, Trudy, and a Nazi officer, the Obersturmfuhrer of Buchenwald.
Driven by the guilt of her heritage, Trudy, now a professor of German history, begins investigating the past and finally unearths the dramatic and heartbreaking truth of her mother's life.
Combining a passionate, doomed love story, a vivid evocation of life during the war, and a poignant mother/daughter drama, Those Who Save Us is a profound exploration of what we endure to survive and the legacy of shame.

2. What I’ m Listening to: This song is fun!

3. What I’ m Wearing: My Grammy from Massachusetts arrived Wednesday. I’m so excited to spend time with her over the next 6 weeks. She even brought me an early, early birthday present: a Cape Cod Screwball bracelet.

I’ve been wanting one for a while to match the necklace that I got for my 21st birthday. image

4. What I’ m Eating: I lose all self control when a bag of these are in front of me:

I like to eat 1/2 of a Mr. Goodbar and 1/2 of a Krackel at the same time. Weird, I know

5. What I’ m Doing This Weekend: Bring on wedding season!

  • Friday rehearsal dinner for a wedding I’m going to with my friend Andrew and his sister, Katie, who is my blend!!
  • Saturday wedding  and reception at the Charleston Yacht Club
  • Beach time for Mother’s Day with Grammy and Auntie Kelly
  • Hopefully a pedicure somewhere in there!